Charity helped by Bob Marley’s family
The famous reggae singer’s family will be supporting a charity in Bideford.
A BIDEFORD charity will be getting some added support this year from none other than Bob Marley’s family.
Wings South West has been chosen as one of the first two UK charities to be supported by 1Love.org, the charity set up by the Marley family.
James Lewis, programme manager of Wings South West, said: “Our new digital music project, using funding from 1Love.org, will give underprivileged young people in the Bideford area a unique opportunity to be part of something truly creative.
Helping attract those who are usually very hard to reach, the project aims to empower participants, giving them something to engage with, feel passionate about and help them make change in their lives.”
You may also want to watch:
Wings South West works across Bideford and North Devon helping young people to gain valuable skills and hope for the future.
Speaking on behalf of his family, Rohan Marley, Bob Marley’s son, said: “Whilst individual projects may appear modest, together they add up to a bigger global programme to bring about lasting change in peoples’ lives. Working with projects in the UK and across the world, we aspire to create a more peaceful and hopeful future.”
- 1 Two vehicle crash near South Molton – Link Road blocked
- 2 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 3 'Smash and grab' robbery at Ilfracombe jewellers shop
- 4 Swimbridge Christmas Arts and Crafts Fair returns for 2021
- 5 Barnstaple Enterprise Hub 'Node' launches to support local businesses
- 6 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 7 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 8 Cook book to help in Afghanistan produced in South Molton
- 9 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 10 Two burglaries in Barnstaple - Police appeal
1Love.org was set up to do good in honour of Bob Marley’s vision of hope and unity, and will also be helping Urban Development, a not-for-profit music development organisation based in Stratford, East London.