Charity helped by Bob Marley’s family
The famous reggae singer’s family will be supporting a charity in Bideford.
A BIDEFORD charity will be getting some added support this year from none other than Bob Marley’s family.
Wings South West has been chosen as one of the first two UK charities to be supported by 1Love.org, the charity set up by the Marley family.
James Lewis, programme manager of Wings South West, said: “Our new digital music project, using funding from 1Love.org, will give underprivileged young people in the Bideford area a unique opportunity to be part of something truly creative.
Helping attract those who are usually very hard to reach, the project aims to empower participants, giving them something to engage with, feel passionate about and help them make change in their lives.”
You may also want to watch:
Wings South West works across Bideford and North Devon helping young people to gain valuable skills and hope for the future.
Speaking on behalf of his family, Rohan Marley, Bob Marley’s son, said: “Whilst individual projects may appear modest, together they add up to a bigger global programme to bring about lasting change in peoples’ lives. Working with projects in the UK and across the world, we aspire to create a more peaceful and hopeful future.”
- 1 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 2 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 3 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 4 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 5 New ‘inside-out’ art gallery coming to Ilfracombe
- 6 New Trek Fest gives walkers a reward for their hike
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 9 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 10 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
1Love.org was set up to do good in honour of Bob Marley’s vision of hope and unity, and will also be helping Urban Development, a not-for-profit music development organisation based in Stratford, East London.