Charity finds new home with generous grant
Bideford Bridge Trust helps out relationship counselling charity to rent a new space for six months.
A CHARITY which was left homeless in Bideford is able to open once again thanks to a generous grant from the Bideford Bridge Trust.
Relationship counselling charity Relate told the Gazette in September it was desperate for a new home after the TTS building it operated from was closing.
But the grant from the Trust will enable the charity to rent a room at Northam Lodge.
Rebecca Wellaway, manager of Relate Bideford, said: “We are very grateful to the Trust for the grant which will enable us to rent a room in Bideford for six months.
You may also want to watch:
“I would also like to thank our counsellor and clients for making the journey to our centre in Barnstaple each week, and everyone who got in touch to offer help after our plight was highlighted by the press.
“We appreciate that peoples’ time and money are in short supply these days and we try to provide local counselling as often as we can.
- 1 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 2 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 5 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 6 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 7 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 8 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 9 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 10 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
“Grants and donations such as this help enormously.”
For more information on Relate North Devon call 01392 275681 or visit www.relateexeteranddistrict.co.uk