Charity calendar helps vulnerable people
- Credit: Archant
Those helped by Bideford charity Harbour have created a calendar to help raise valuable funds.
VULNERABLE adults in Bideford have put their photography skills to use to create a calendar to raise money for the Harbour day centre.
Retired teacher Andrew Tregoning, deputy chairman of Harbour, led a photography and IT class to help members of the charity put the calendar together.
Mr Tregoning said: “Making the calendar has been a really positive experience for all involved and the members have gained tremendously in confidence.
“The people who come to Harbour often have nowhere else to turn - and the sad fact is the numbers needing our help keep increasing.
You may also want to watch:
“Selling these calendars is just one of the ways we are raising money to ensure this vital service can continue.”
The Bideford-based charity offers a range of services to homeless and vulnerable people as well as training people back into work.
- 1 A361 Link Road closed after three vehicle crash
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 5 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 6 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 7 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 8 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 9 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 10 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
The calendars are being sold for £3.50 and are available from St Mary’s Church, from Harbour and from Good Living bookshop on Mill Street.
If you would like to donate to Harbour or volunteer your time, call 01237 423891 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.