Charity breakfast raises hundreds ahead of giant swim
A charity breakfast in Braunton helped tip the group over the 60 per cent mark of their �10k target.
A GROUP of local men swimming more than 100 miles from Guernsey to South Devon have raised more than �400 at a charity breakfast on Sunday.
The Corner Bistro in Braunton held the breakfast on Sunday which raised �441.05, bringing the group to 61 per cent of its �10k target.
Paul Irwin, Bruce Hughes, John Jameson, Karl Whittaker, and Jon Parker will be taking on the challenge on September 21.
The Great Big Monster Sea Swim is part of a corporate push by pharmaceuticals company Sanofi to raise �100,000 for the Teenage Cancer Trust.
You may also want to watch:
For more information and to donate visit www.justgiving.com/gbmss
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 3 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 4 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 5 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 6 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 7 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 8 Selaine Saxby's Henry to compete for Westminster Dog of the Year
- 9 Christine Stephenson found safe and well
- 10 Equestrian star celebrates with sporting royalty