Charity breakfast raises hundreds ahead of giant swim
A charity breakfast in Braunton helped tip the group over the 60 per cent mark of their �10k target.
A GROUP of local men swimming more than 100 miles from Guernsey to South Devon have raised more than �400 at a charity breakfast on Sunday.
The Corner Bistro in Braunton held the breakfast on Sunday which raised �441.05, bringing the group to 61 per cent of its �10k target.
Paul Irwin, Bruce Hughes, John Jameson, Karl Whittaker, and Jon Parker will be taking on the challenge on September 21.
The Great Big Monster Sea Swim is part of a corporate push by pharmaceuticals company Sanofi to raise �100,000 for the Teenage Cancer Trust.
For more information and to donate visit www.justgiving.com/gbmss
- 1 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 2 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford
- 3 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 4 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 5 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 6 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 7 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 8 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
- 9 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 10 ‘What a Beautiful Noise' takes to Queens stage