Charity breakfast raises hundreds ahead of giant swim
A charity breakfast in Braunton helped tip the group over the 60 per cent mark of their �10k target.
A GROUP of local men swimming more than 100 miles from Guernsey to South Devon have raised more than �400 at a charity breakfast on Sunday.
The Corner Bistro in Braunton held the breakfast on Sunday which raised �441.05, bringing the group to 61 per cent of its �10k target.
Paul Irwin, Bruce Hughes, John Jameson, Karl Whittaker, and Jon Parker will be taking on the challenge on September 21.
The Great Big Monster Sea Swim is part of a corporate push by pharmaceuticals company Sanofi to raise �100,000 for the Teenage Cancer Trust.
You may also want to watch:
For more information and to donate visit www.justgiving.com/gbmss
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer