Chapelton Rally bursting with steam powered spectacle
THE annual Chapelton Barton Steam and Vintage Rally is on Saturday, September 19 and Sunday 20, not 18 and 19 as published last week. The 44th instalment of the popular rally is expected to be one of the largest seen for several years, with a huge number
THE annual Chapelton Barton Steam and Vintage Rally is on Saturday, September 19 and Sunday 20, not 18 and 19 as published last week.
The 44th instalment of the popular rally is expected to be one of the largest seen for several years, with a huge number of steam and traction engines on display across the two days. It is organised by the Devon Traction Engine, Veteran and Vintage Car Club.
Along with the mighty engines, including two steam ploughs which will be in action on the Sunday, there will be a steam car plus vintage tractors, cars, motorcycles, military and commercial vehicles, with a variety of displays and parades.
There will also be shire horses, a model and craft tent, stationary working engines, displays of vintage horticultural machinery plus trader and jumble stands.
You may also want to watch:
Demonstrations include thatching by local master thatcher Ian Rose plus death defying low flying from the Red Sparrows Display Team on the Sunday.
The Saturday night will see music by The Texans, with free entry from the rally or �3 on the door in the evening.
- 1 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 2 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 9 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
- 10 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
Fairground organs and rides, plus food and a beer tent will be running over both days.
Chapelton can be found on the A377 just south of Barnstaple and gates open at 9.30am. The rally also exhibits at Barnstaple Carnival, which takes place on the same weekend. Visit www.dtec.freeuk.com/index.htm for more information.