Changes to council tax payment methods
- Credit: Archant
Torridge and North Devon Council have introduced the changes to help make payment easier for residents.
NORTH Devon and Torridge District Council are giving residents the chance to pay their council tax in 12 monthly instalments from April 1.
Currently residents can make 10 monthly payments and it’s hoped the change will make paying council tax easier.
Both council currently accept monthly payments on the 1st and 15th of the month, but Torridge is also offering three additional payment dates on the 7th, 21st or 28th of each month.
Roger Johnson, deputy leader of Torridge District Council, said: “With the changes being forced upon us from April where everyone of working age will have to pay a minimum of 25 per cent of their council tax, I hope the measures being introduced will help ease the council tax burden for those households affected.
You may also want to watch:
“But anyone can take advantage of these 12 monthly payments now and you can change the date you pay to suit your own personal budget; just let us know.”
Further changes to council tax are also being introduced at Torridge.
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 5 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 6 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 7 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 8 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
The council’s community and resources committee has approved proposals of 100 per cent discounts for the first 12 months for empty and unfurnished properties undergoing structural or major repairs.
Empty and unfurnished properties will receive a 100 per cent discount for the first three months and none thereafter, and second homes will have no discount awarded.
On long term empty properties which have been empty and unoccupied for more than two years, the maximum empty homes premium of 150 per cent will be applied.
To change the way you pay your council tax, please contact Torridge’s council tax team on 01237 428900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For North Devon call 01271 388361 or email email@example.com.