Cats are clean
SIR - I was astounded that you printed the letter from R Brown re cats. I rather suspect that it was something to do with provoking a debate in your paper.
Cats are very clean animals and hate being dirty. You cannot catch a cold from a cat.
Rubbing against your owner is not an attempt to transfer “germs,” it is a sign of affection and loyalty.
Yes, cats catch vermin, it is their natural instenct when let out at night. They just might have something to do with the rat population being kept at bay. After all, it has been proved that you are never more than 20 feet away from a rat.
So which do you hate most, R Brown? Cats or rats?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 4 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 8 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 9 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 10 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience