Cats are clean
SIR - I was astounded that you printed the letter from R Brown re cats. I rather suspect that it was something to do with provoking a debate in your paper.
Cats are very clean animals and hate being dirty. You cannot catch a cold from a cat.
Rubbing against your owner is not an attempt to transfer “germs,” it is a sign of affection and loyalty.
Yes, cats catch vermin, it is their natural instenct when let out at night. They just might have something to do with the rat population being kept at bay. After all, it has been proved that you are never more than 20 feet away from a rat.
So which do you hate most, R Brown? Cats or rats?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 5 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 6 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 7 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 8 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new