Cats are clean
SIR - I was astounded that you printed the letter from R Brown re cats. I rather suspect that it was something to do with provoking a debate in your paper.
Cats are very clean animals and hate being dirty. You cannot catch a cold from a cat.
Rubbing against your owner is not an attempt to transfer “germs,” it is a sign of affection and loyalty.
Yes, cats catch vermin, it is their natural instenct when let out at night. They just might have something to do with the rat population being kept at bay. After all, it has been proved that you are never more than 20 feet away from a rat.
So which do you hate most, R Brown? Cats or rats?
- 1 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 2 Remembering much-loved and once-heaving Ilfracombe train station
- 3 Covid outbreaks in Devon’s care homes at highest level since pandemic began
- 4 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 5 South Molton's top 10 rating for pannier market
- 6 Stylish Victorian property offers many period features
- 7 Queen's Theatre panto audiences raise £3,200 for local charities
- 8 Help turn tide with Appledore community film
- 9 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 10 Those energy bills - what has gone wrong?