Catalytic converter thefts
THIEVES have been targeting commercial vehicles fitted with catalytic converters in the Barnstaple area.
Police are appealing for information following three thefts of catalytic converters from vans in a short space of time.
The first was reported to have occurred between 6pm on Saturday, May 28, and 7.15pm on Monday, May 30 when the converter was taken from the underside of a white Peugeot Boxer van in Bear Street.
A similar offence was reported between 4pm Saturday May 28 and 7.10am Tuesday, May 31, from a white Citroen Relay van at Ashleigh Road.
A third incident involving a commercial catering van parked on the Pottington estate was also discovered by its owner on May 31.
You may also want to watch:
PC Terry Hodgson of Barnstaple Police said: “These are unusual offences within the Barnstaple area as they are specialist items that may have already been offered for sale. We are appealing to anyone who may have seen or heard suspicious activity within the respective areas during the committed times to contact the police at the Barnstaple station.”
Callers should contact the Barnstaple Police Station on 08452 777 444, quoting crime numbers CB/11/1589 or CB/11/1595.
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 10 A361: Crash involving car and lorry blocks Link Road near South Molton