Cat rescued from Ilfracombe kitchen fire

NDG-FIRE-ENGINE-LEAVING-BASE

- Credit: Archant

Fire crews arrived at the scene at around 11am this morning after reports of a kitchen fire.

A CAT was rescued from a house in Ilfracombe today (Tuesday) after a fire broke out in the kitchen.

Two fire engines were scrambled to a property in Greenways, at around 11am after the occupier reported a fire in their kitchen.

All persons were accounted for when the fire service arrived, but crews had to rescue a tabby cat from the property.

Fire fighters extinguished the flames using breathing apparatus, a hose reel jet and a thermal imaging camera. The cause of the fire was accidental.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter