Fire crews arrived at the scene at around 11am this morning after reports of a kitchen fire.

A CAT was rescued from a house in Ilfracombe today (Tuesday) after a fire broke out in the kitchen.

Two fire engines were scrambled to a property in Greenways, at around 11am after the occupier reported a fire in their kitchen.

All persons were accounted for when the fire service arrived, but crews had to rescue a tabby cat from the property.

Fire fighters extinguished the flames using breathing apparatus, a hose reel jet and a thermal imaging camera. The cause of the fire was accidental.