Casualty treated after South Molton fire
Fire crews were called to a fire involving a pan left on the hob which had spread to an extractor fan.
FIRE fighters treated a casualty for smoke inhalation in South Molton after attending a kitchen fire this afternoon (Thur).
Two fire engines from Barnstaple and one from South Molton were called to the scene in Hugh Squire Avenue around 4.45pm.
A pan had caught fire in the ground flood kitchen after being left on the hob and the blaze had spread to the extractor fan.
Crews found the fire out on arrival and used small tools and a thermal imaging camera in the property.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer