Fire crews were called to a fire involving a pan left on the hob which had spread to an extractor fan.

FIRE fighters treated a casualty for smoke inhalation in South Molton after attending a kitchen fire this afternoon (Thur).

Two fire engines from Barnstaple and one from South Molton were called to the scene in Hugh Squire Avenue around 4.45pm.

A pan had caught fire in the ground flood kitchen after being left on the hob and the blaze had spread to the extractor fan.

Crews found the fire out on arrival and used small tools and a thermal imaging camera in the property.

The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.