Casualty treated after inhaling toxic fumes

Fire fighters were called to the scene in Braunton last night after cleaning chemicals were accidentally mixed.

A BRAUNTON resident was treated by paramedics last night after inhaling toxic fumes caused from mixed cleaning chemicals.

The chemicals had accidentally been mixed at a property in Wrafton Road, Braunton, and two fire engines from Barnstaple and Braunton attended the scene at 8.30pm.

Fire crews used breathing apparatus inside the property to flush the chemicals away and ventilated the building.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter