Cash for North Devon community projects
NORTH Devon Council is ploughing �69,000 into a number of community projects as part of an action plan to deliver what people want. The money has come from contributions made by developers and builders as part of the conditions of their planning permissi
NORTH Devon Council is ploughing �69,000 into a number of community projects as part of an action plan to deliver what people want.
The money has come from contributions made by developers and builders as part of the conditions of their planning permissions in order to give something back to the community.
The projects set to benefit from this latest round of funding include:
* the junior pitch at Barnstaple Rugby Club;
* enhancements to make Slade Valley play area in Ilfracombe suitable for all ages;
* the central park play area at South Molton;
- 1 Christmas Drive-In Cinema coming to Barnstaple
- 2 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation
- 3 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 4 OPINION: Realising the full potential of the Celtic Sea - Selaine Saxby
- 5 Hip-hop comes to Torrington Dental Practice
- 6 Property of the Week: Hanson Park - Northam
- 7 OPINION: Myth busting the Green Lanes purchase - David Worden
- 8 Hero soldier auctioning medals to provide ‘best opportunities’ for his children
- 9 Bring the children to see Santa at Chivenor Christmas Craft Market
- 10 Get dressed up to Race the Reindeer in Bideford this Christmas
* improvements to Mortehoe play area and play facilities at Landkey and Braunton
Work on the projects is expected to begin in the next three months.
Councillor Dick Jones, Lead Member for Community and Leisure, said: "North Devon Council aims to deliver projects within the local community which will be of benefit and improve the quality of life of residents.
"The open space contributions help the council provide things to the community beyond the original development and give communities exactly what they want."
These projects mark the continuation of a wider three-year action plan by North Devon Council to deliver what local communities need using financial contributions from developers.