Cash for community groups
With the continuation of the councillor community grants scheme, voluntary groups in the Torridge district are being urged to apply for funding.
COMMUNITY and voluntary groups in Torridge are being urged to apply for funding from councillors with the continuation of a grant scheme.
Councillors at Torridge District Council have been given �1,000 each to support residents to support projects in the community.
The community grants scheme will enable its members to support one project with their whole budget, or award several smaller grants to different groups.
Councillors can also join together to support a wider project in the area.
You may also want to watch:
Barry Parsons, leader of the council, said: “I encourage voluntary or community groups serving residents in Torridge to apply to get involved in this scheme.
“The money is there to help local communities, so please get in touch with your elected councillor and see if they can help you.”
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 10 Exhibition celebrates North Devon in 100 objects
Those who wish to apply for the scheme can contact their ward councillor.
Those unsure which councillor represents their area can contact the community development officer on 01237 428756 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org