Cash for community groups
With the continuation of the councillor community grants scheme, voluntary groups in the Torridge district are being urged to apply for funding.
COMMUNITY and voluntary groups in Torridge are being urged to apply for funding from councillors with the continuation of a grant scheme.
Councillors at Torridge District Council have been given �1,000 each to support residents to support projects in the community.
The community grants scheme will enable its members to support one project with their whole budget, or award several smaller grants to different groups.
Councillors can also join together to support a wider project in the area.
You may also want to watch:
Barry Parsons, leader of the council, said: “I encourage voluntary or community groups serving residents in Torridge to apply to get involved in this scheme.
“The money is there to help local communities, so please get in touch with your elected councillor and see if they can help you.”
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 3 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 4 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 5 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 6 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 7 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 8 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 9 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 10 Equestrian star celebrates with sporting royalty
Those who wish to apply for the scheme can contact their ward councillor.
Those unsure which councillor represents their area can contact the community development officer on 01237 428756 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org