Cash available for Exmoor low carbon initiatives
COMMUNITIES in Exmoor are being asked to stake their claim for a share of a pot of up to �500,000 for low carbon initiatives. Project ideas are being sought by Exmoor National Park Authority and partners who earlier this year, successfully bid to the D
COMMUNITIES in Exmoor are being asked to stake their claim for a share of a pot of up to �500,000 for 'low carbon' initiatives.
Project ideas are being sought by Exmoor National Park Authority and partners who earlier this year, successfully bid to the Department of Energy and Climate Change to take part in the Government's Low Carbon Communities Challenge.
The Carbon Neutral Exmoor project is inviting communities to come forward and share their ideas as soon as possible. Funding must be spent by March 31 next year and the deadline for submissions is Friday, April 30 2010.
Tim Stokes, sustainability and economy manager for the national park authority, said the money could fund a wide range of projects including home insulation or wood-fuelled heating systems and solar photovoltaic panels for village halls and schools.
You may also want to watch:
"We will assess and submit the best package of projects to the Department of Energy and Climate Change for its final approval," he said.
To find out more about the project, visit www.exmoor-nationalpark.gov.uk or telephone (01398) 323665.
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 3 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 8 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 9 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 10 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody