Cars pulled from flood water near Umberleigh
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews and farmer tow vehicles trapped by New Year’s Day floods.
A FIRE crew from Barnstaple – and a benevolent farmer – helped pull two cars from flood water near Umberleigh on New Year’s Day.
The two vehicles had been apparently abandoned by their owners on the Barnstaple side of Fishleigh Rock Services on the A377.
A local farmer used his tractor to help tow the cars to dry land.
A spokesperson for Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue warned motorists not to attempt to cross flooded roads.
You may also want to watch:
“However well you think you know the road, never drive through flood water,” she said.
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 9 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 10 Lockdown breaker caught dealing cannabis in Barnstaple