Cars on fire after major crash on A39 near Roundswell
- Credit: Archant
Road closed and reports of one man dragged from a blazing car as emergency services rush to the scene
Five people were pulled from burning cars after a ‘high-speed’ collision on the A39 on Friday evening.
Two vehicles were involved in the crash just before 10pm on the Roundswell to Bideford carriageway, which resulted in the vehicles catching alight.
A spokesman for Devon & Somerset Fire and Rescue said five casualties were pulled from vehicles by passersby prior to the fire service’s arrival.
One eye witness report said a man was pulled from a burning car and the road was closed while emergency services dealt with the collision.
You may also want to watch:
Two ambulances and two paramedic cars were on the scene and all of the casualties were taken to hopsital.
Three fire crews from Barnstaple and Braunton extinguished the blaze using breathing apparatus, hose reel jets, a covering jet and fire extinguishers.
- 1 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 4 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 5 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 6 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 7 Ton-up Brend helps Bideford set early pace
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 MP welcomes free virtual funding workshop for North Devon charities
- 10 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
* Check back for more information as we have it.