Carol's a hit at Braunton Christmas tree festival
A Christmas Tree Festival at the weekend in Braunton was officially opened on Friday by Gardeners World presenter Carol Klein. The festival at Christ Church runs until Monday and is raising money for both the North Devon and Children s hospices as well as
A Christmas Tree Festival at the weekend in Braunton was officially opened on Friday by Gardeners World presenter Carol Klein.
The festival at Christ Church runs until Monday and is raising money for both the North Devon and Children's hospices as well as church funds.
The church is filled with 26 imaginatively decorated sparkling Christmas trees created by the various community groups that meet at the building.
Carol Klein, who lives in North Devon, said:
You may also want to watch:
"I think it's an absolutely brilliant event, wonderfully organised and you can see a lot of people have devoted a lot of time and hard work to organise it and the whole community has really joined in," she said.
"All the trees are brilliant, but my favourite ones are those done by the children because they are so original - plus the Men's Breakfast Club tree, which is probably the most original.
- 1 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Fashion store opened by North Devon Against Domestic Abuse
- 4 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 5 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 6 Coronavirus infection rate for North Devon is zero - no cases in a week
- 7 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 8 Have your say on the future of North Devon phone boxes
- 9 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 10 Take on an Incredible Hike for Children’s Hospice South West
"The main thing is, people should come along and see it and make a contribution - it is well worth it."
Organiser Monica Jolly was delighted with the attendance.
The festival concluded on Monday with the annual Light Up A Life Service for both hospices.