Carol's a hit at Braunton Christmas tree festival
A Christmas Tree Festival at the weekend in Braunton was officially opened on Friday by Gardeners World presenter Carol Klein. The festival at Christ Church runs until Monday and is raising money for both the North Devon and Children s hospices as well as
A Christmas Tree Festival at the weekend in Braunton was officially opened on Friday by Gardeners World presenter Carol Klein.
The festival at Christ Church runs until Monday and is raising money for both the North Devon and Children's hospices as well as church funds.
The church is filled with 26 imaginatively decorated sparkling Christmas trees created by the various community groups that meet at the building.
Carol Klein, who lives in North Devon, said:
You may also want to watch:
"I think it's an absolutely brilliant event, wonderfully organised and you can see a lot of people have devoted a lot of time and hard work to organise it and the whole community has really joined in," she said.
"All the trees are brilliant, but my favourite ones are those done by the children because they are so original - plus the Men's Breakfast Club tree, which is probably the most original.
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 3 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 4 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 7 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 8 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 9 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 10 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
"The main thing is, people should come along and see it and make a contribution - it is well worth it."
Organiser Monica Jolly was delighted with the attendance.
The festival concluded on Monday with the annual Light Up A Life Service for both hospices.