Carnival time in Bideford
BIDEFORD Regatta and Carnival Week starts off on Friday evening with a concert by the Celtic rockers Jiggerypipery, supported by the Free Born Men, at the Pollyfield Centre. Carnival Day is on Saturday. North Devon Sports and Classic Car Club will have
BIDEFORD Regatta and Carnival Week starts off on Friday evening with a concert by the Celtic rockers Jiggerypipery, supported by the Free Born Men, at the Pollyfield Centre.
Carnival Day is on Saturday.
North Devon Sports and Classic Car Club will have a display on the Quay from 4pm. The carnival procession starts at 6pm and will this year have the special theme of "Four Seasons". It leaves The Pill car park and will make its way on to the Quay, along Bridgeland Street, North Road, Lime Grove and Belvoir Road before returning to The Pill via Abbotsham Road, High Street and the Quay.
It will be joined in the lower parts of the town by pipe bands, which at the end of the parade will take centre stage for the now traditional Massed Pipes and Drums, marching on the Quay and playing traditional tunes.
You may also want to watch:
Carnival Day finishes with a spectacular firework display at Bank End at approximately 9.30pm. '
Help the Heroes will be the principle beneficiary of this year's carnival proceeds. There will be no change lorry this year, so please bring along your change to put into the collecting buckets!
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 3 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 4 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 5 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 6 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 7 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 8 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 9 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 10 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
Bideford Quay will be busy on Sunday morning, with runners taking part in the Bideford Blues Ten Miler and pipers and drummers returning to play a variety of tunes in an informal get together. Both events start at 11am.
More information from Mike Harper on 01237 422477 or firstname.lastname@example.org.