Carnival time at Hartland
HARTLAND carnival week kicks off with the crowning of the carnival royalty in the Parish Hall on Sunday evening. This year s carnival queen is Michaela Phipps, with Harriet Knock and Gabby Pyne as her attendants. Fairy queen is Chelsie Gillam and her at
HARTLAND carnival week kicks off with the crowning of the carnival royalty in the Parish Hall on Sunday evening.
This year's carnival queen is Michaela Phipps, with Harriet Knock and Gabby Pyne as her attendants.
Fairy queen is Chelsie Gillam and her attendants are Molly Langford and Amy Pillman. The pre-school prince and princess are Aiden Newall and Nina Hall.
The 7.30pm crowning will be followed by a concert by Hartland Town Band.
You may also want to watch:
Check the website www.hartlandcarnival.com for more information
Other events during the week are: Aug 2, carnival quiz night at the Parish Hall; Aug 3, bingo in the Parish Hall ,7.30 pm and judging of the Best Dressed House; Aug 4, Family Fun Night at the Playing Fields 6pm; Aug 5, skittles tournament at the parish hall 7pm; Aug 6, military whist drive at the Parish Hall 8 pm; Aug 7, grand carnival procession 7pm.
- 1 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 2 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 3 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 4 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 5 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 6 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 7 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
- 10 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
On carnival night Northgate Green, North Road and part of School Lane will be closed between 5pm and 7 pm for judging and Fore Street, North Street and School Lane will be closed between 7pm and 8.30 pm for the procession.