Carnival time at Hartland
HARTLAND carnival week kicks off with the crowning of the carnival royalty in the Parish Hall on Sunday evening. This year s carnival queen is Michaela Phipps, with Harriet Knock and Gabby Pyne as her attendants. Fairy queen is Chelsie Gillam and her at
HARTLAND carnival week kicks off with the crowning of the carnival royalty in the Parish Hall on Sunday evening.
This year's carnival queen is Michaela Phipps, with Harriet Knock and Gabby Pyne as her attendants.
Fairy queen is Chelsie Gillam and her attendants are Molly Langford and Amy Pillman. The pre-school prince and princess are Aiden Newall and Nina Hall.
The 7.30pm crowning will be followed by a concert by Hartland Town Band.
Check the website www.hartlandcarnival.com for more information
Other events during the week are: Aug 2, carnival quiz night at the Parish Hall; Aug 3, bingo in the Parish Hall ,7.30 pm and judging of the Best Dressed House; Aug 4, Family Fun Night at the Playing Fields 6pm; Aug 5, skittles tournament at the parish hall 7pm; Aug 6, military whist drive at the Parish Hall 8 pm; Aug 7, grand carnival procession 7pm.
- 1 Unique seaside wedding venue to put £1m into Combe Martin economy
- 2 160 traders at this year's Christmas Market in Braunton
- 3 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 4 Holsworthy link mental health centre looks set to close permanently
- 5 New recycled plastic tables installed at Victoria Park
- 6 Council forms group to tackle North Devon housing crisis
- 7 RGB's North Devon branches helping others this Christmas
- 8 Loud music man fined after breaching official order
- 9 Heddon Valley crowned top of winter walks table
- 10 North Devon MP encourages community to go 'one step greener'
On carnival night Northgate Green, North Road and part of School Lane will be closed between 5pm and 7 pm for judging and Fore Street, North Street and School Lane will be closed between 7pm and 8.30 pm for the procession.