Carnival time at Hartland
HARTLAND carnival week kicks off with the crowning of the carnival royalty in the Parish Hall on Sunday evening. This year s carnival queen is Michaela Phipps, with Harriet Knock and Gabby Pyne as her attendants. Fairy queen is Chelsie Gillam and her at
HARTLAND carnival week kicks off with the crowning of the carnival royalty in the Parish Hall on Sunday evening.
This year's carnival queen is Michaela Phipps, with Harriet Knock and Gabby Pyne as her attendants.
Fairy queen is Chelsie Gillam and her attendants are Molly Langford and Amy Pillman. The pre-school prince and princess are Aiden Newall and Nina Hall.
The 7.30pm crowning will be followed by a concert by Hartland Town Band.
You may also want to watch:
Check the website www.hartlandcarnival.com for more information
Other events during the week are: Aug 2, carnival quiz night at the Parish Hall; Aug 3, bingo in the Parish Hall ,7.30 pm and judging of the Best Dressed House; Aug 4, Family Fun Night at the Playing Fields 6pm; Aug 5, skittles tournament at the parish hall 7pm; Aug 6, military whist drive at the Parish Hall 8 pm; Aug 7, grand carnival procession 7pm.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 3 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 4 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 5 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 6 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 7 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
- 8 Sextortion warning for North Devon Facebook users
- 9 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 10 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
On carnival night Northgate Green, North Road and part of School Lane will be closed between 5pm and 7 pm for judging and Fore Street, North Street and School Lane will be closed between 7pm and 8.30 pm for the procession.