Carnival needs a prince and princess
Prince, princess and two attendants needed to accompany Barnstaple carnival queen Bethany Tippet
ORGANISERS of Barnstaple carnival are on the hunt for a carnival prince and princess to take part in this year’s procession.
There are also vacancies for two attendants to accompany carnival queen Bethany Tippet on the royal float during the grand parade on Saturday, September 17.
Candidates must live within a five mile radius of Barnstaple. The prince and princess must be aged between 8-10 years and attendants must be aged 15 years and over.
“If you think your child has what it takes please send us their details along with a photo,” said committee member Andy Shiner.
You may also want to watch:
“Applicants must be available on September 17 and it would be preferable if the they were also available for other carnivals and events around the area leading up until November.
“Please also ensure that you give permission for use of any images and information online and in the press,” added Mr Shiner.
- 1 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 2 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 3 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 4 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 5 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 6 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 7 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 8 Dolton remembers resident Rolling Stone Charlie Watts
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
The deadline for applications is Friday, July 8 and nominations will be put to a public vote that will close on August 5.
Email nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Barnstaple Carnival Committee, c/o 21 Mount Pleasant, Bishops Tawton, EX32 0AQ.