SIR - Carol Colwill has worked as a Breast Care Nurse at NDDH for the past 16 years. During that time she has gained a wealth of knowledge and understanding of breast problems. She has passed on the benefits of her experience and expertise to new members of the Breast Care Team.
During her service as a Breast Care Nurse, Carol has always gone the extra mile to offer emotional and practical support to the many ladies (and some men) who have come through our doors.
I am sure that many of our patients and their family members who read this will agree that Carol has been an outstanding nurse, and source of support through their breast cancer journey.
Carol is also very much involved in the community and has been an active fund-raiser (through our NDHCCT charity) for the Breast Care Department. Breast Cancer now affects one in eight ladies during their lifetime and as a result of money raised, we have been able to purchase many pieces of equipment which help with the diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer.
I would like to take this opportunity through your publication, to say a big ‘THANK YOU’ to Carol on behalf of all her colleagues and patients past and present; and to wish her a very happy and active retirement.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 9 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon