SIR - Carol Colwill has worked as a Breast Care Nurse at NDDH for the past 16 years. During that time she has gained a wealth of knowledge and understanding of breast problems. She has passed on the benefits of her experience and expertise to new members of the Breast Care Team.
During her service as a Breast Care Nurse, Carol has always gone the extra mile to offer emotional and practical support to the many ladies (and some men) who have come through our doors.
I am sure that many of our patients and their family members who read this will agree that Carol has been an outstanding nurse, and source of support through their breast cancer journey.
Carol is also very much involved in the community and has been an active fund-raiser (through our NDHCCT charity) for the Breast Care Department. Breast Cancer now affects one in eight ladies during their lifetime and as a result of money raised, we have been able to purchase many pieces of equipment which help with the diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer.
I would like to take this opportunity through your publication, to say a big ‘THANK YOU’ to Carol on behalf of all her colleagues and patients past and present; and to wish her a very happy and active retirement.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 3 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 6 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 7 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 8 Equestrian star celebrates with sporting royalty
- 9 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 10 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue