Fire crews called to sound of carbon monoxide alarm sounding in George Nympton Road.

FIRE fighters were called out to reports of a carbon monoxide detector going off in George Nympton Road in South Molton last night (Weds).

Crews from South Molton and Barnstaple arrived at the scene at around 8.40pm and set to work using a gas detector wearing two breathing apparatus sets.

The gas detector showed the presence of carbon monoxide and the property was ventilated by fire fighters.

They also gave the occupant of the property advice to turn off the appliances in the house and have them tested as soon as possible.