Car run is a classic
Vintage vehicle enthusiasts invited to sign up for 14th annual rally.
CLASSIC car owners are being invited to take part in a road rally being held in aid of North Devon Hospice.
Limited place are available for the event on Sunday, June 3 and vintage vehicle enthusiasts wanting to take part are being urged to sign up as soon as possible.
The North Devon Classic Car Run starts and finishes at the Castle Hill estate in Filleigh. It will take motorists on one of two circular routes passing through some of the area’s most spectacular scenery.
Route planner Simon Tattersall said: “There are two routes on offer, a whistle-stop 60 miles or a more challenging 100 miles. Both will take you and your machine through some amazing landscapes and scenery.
You may also want to watch:
We have tried to mix in some popular locations with less-well-known gems. Experiencing all of this as part of a parade of over 100 beautiful cars makes this a very special day.”
Motorists’ arrival back at Castle Hill will be greeted with a cream tea and a specially-printed photo of their car.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Bideford's Millbrook Dairy awarded its first star at Great Taste Awards
- 9 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 10 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
Emma Lowe, from hospice’s fund-raising team, said that the classic car run had established a real following over the years.
She said: “This is a very popular annual event; it has been running for 14 years now and regularly attracts cars from well beyond North Devon.
“It was started by Simon Tattersall in 1999 and he has been involved with it most years since then.”
To register a place, telephone Emma on 01271 347213, or download an application form at www.northdevonhospice.org.uk.