Car run is a classic
Vintage vehicle enthusiasts invited to sign up for 14th annual rally.
CLASSIC car owners are being invited to take part in a road rally being held in aid of North Devon Hospice.
Limited place are available for the event on Sunday, June 3 and vintage vehicle enthusiasts wanting to take part are being urged to sign up as soon as possible.
The North Devon Classic Car Run starts and finishes at the Castle Hill estate in Filleigh. It will take motorists on one of two circular routes passing through some of the area’s most spectacular scenery.
Route planner Simon Tattersall said: “There are two routes on offer, a whistle-stop 60 miles or a more challenging 100 miles. Both will take you and your machine through some amazing landscapes and scenery.
We have tried to mix in some popular locations with less-well-known gems. Experiencing all of this as part of a parade of over 100 beautiful cars makes this a very special day.”
Motorists’ arrival back at Castle Hill will be greeted with a cream tea and a specially-printed photo of their car.
- 1 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 2 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 3 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 4 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 5 Exercise the 'chuckle muscle' with comedian Jason Manford
- 6 War hero, SWW champion and author Tony dies at 97
- 7 Chance at last to sing along with the Winkleigh Singers
- 8 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 9 How can we celebrate Queen's Platinum?
- 10 These companies are out to tempt you before you're out of nappies
Emma Lowe, from hospice’s fund-raising team, said that the classic car run had established a real following over the years.
She said: “This is a very popular annual event; it has been running for 14 years now and regularly attracts cars from well beyond North Devon.
“It was started by Simon Tattersall in 1999 and he has been involved with it most years since then.”
To register a place, telephone Emma on 01271 347213, or download an application form at www.northdevonhospice.org.uk.