Car raffle to drive Chemo Appeal over the finish line
- Credit: Archant
Buy a raffle ticket to be in with a chance of winning a new car and help hospital charity reach £2.2m target.
THE North Devon Gazette is asking readers to donate a pound to the Chemotherapy Appeal – and be in with the chance of winning a brand new car!
We’ve teamed up with Parkside Kia in Barnstaple and the Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust Charitable Fund to launch a raffle to win a Kia Picanto worth around £8,000.
Tickets will be on sale at a special launch event at the Parkside showroom on Saturday – and then widely available until the draw on March 27 next year.
Chemotherapy Appeal fundraising manager Ian Roome said he hoped the raffle would help push the appeal towards its £2.2million target.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve started work on the new unit but still need to raise £300,000 to see the project to completion.
“Parkside Kia has very generously come on board to help us hit our target and I’m sure that with such a fantastic prize up for grabs, the raffle will be a huge hit.”
- 1 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 2 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 3 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 4 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 5 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 6 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 10 Plans to demolish and redevelop Barnstaple Civic Centre finally submitted
County Garage Group marketing director Andy Witherington, said the dealership, based in Newport Road, was delighted to be able to support the charity.
“As a third generation North Devon family-owned business established in 1927, we understand how important the new chemotherapy unit will be to people in North Devon.
“The charity has really struck a chord with us and we’re been right behind the appeal during the last couple of years. We’re delighted now to be able to help with the final push towards the fundraising target.
“The Picanto is a super, modern and economical car – it’s ideal for the North Devon market and I’d imagine the odds of winning the raffle are not bad compared with winning something like the lottery.
“Please come down to our raffle launch event on Saturday to see the car and buy a ticket.”
The car will be up at various events during the next 12 months – funded while on the road by the Gazette.
Publisher Graham Harris said: “Gazette readers’ pounds have been the driving force behind the Chemotherapy Appeal and we’re delighted to be able to announce another fantastic way they can support the appeal.
“This time, however, their pound could win them a brand new car.”