Car fire callouts in North Devon
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews were called to two seperate incidents today (Mon).
FIRE crews have been called out to two separate car fires today (Mon).
The first, at Meadowside in Ashford, Barnstaple, occurred at around 10.30am.
A crew from Barnstaple used a hose reel jet and breathing apparatus to extinguish the fire, which left the vehicle severely damaged.
Then at 2.40pm, two fire engines from Combe Martin and Ilfracombe were scrambled to a car fire in Long Lane, Combe Martin.
You may also want to watch:
The vehicle was also severely damaged as crews used two hose reel jets to put out the flames.
Both fires were believed to have been caused accidentally.
- 1 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 2 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 9 Affinity Devon seeks next Charity of the Year
- 10 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned