Car abandoned in garden after hitting tree
A 17-year-old local youth has been reported for traffic offences following the incident on Sunday.
A YOUNG man has been reported for road traffic offences after crashing a car and abandoning it in a garden.
The collision occurred just before 4am on Sunday morning when police were called to the scene at Southill in Bradworthy.
The black Fork Ka hit a tree and ended up on its side in a garden against a house.
A police spokesman said the driver and a passenger had abandoned the vehicle, but the passenger was later to taken to North Devon District Hospital with neck injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Police and fire crews from Holsworthy carried out a thermal imaging search of the area to try and locate the driver in a hedge.
A 17-year-old local man was later found and reported for traffic offences.
- 1 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 2 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 3 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 4 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 5 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 6 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 7 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 8 Barnstaple amateur rider achieves lifelong ambition
- 9 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 10 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
The fire crew made the vehicle safe and absorbed a fuel leak using Environment Agency pads.