Car abandoned in garden after hitting tree
A 17-year-old local youth has been reported for traffic offences following the incident on Sunday.
A YOUNG man has been reported for road traffic offences after crashing a car and abandoning it in a garden.
The collision occurred just before 4am on Sunday morning when police were called to the scene at Southill in Bradworthy.
The black Fork Ka hit a tree and ended up on its side in a garden against a house.
A police spokesman said the driver and a passenger had abandoned the vehicle, but the passenger was later to taken to North Devon District Hospital with neck injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Police and fire crews from Holsworthy carried out a thermal imaging search of the area to try and locate the driver in a hedge.
A 17-year-old local man was later found and reported for traffic offences.
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 9 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 10 A361: Crash involving car and lorry blocks Link Road near South Molton
The fire crew made the vehicle safe and absorbed a fuel leak using Environment Agency pads.