Car abandoned in garden after hitting tree
A 17-year-old local youth has been reported for traffic offences following the incident on Sunday.
A YOUNG man has been reported for road traffic offences after crashing a car and abandoning it in a garden.
The collision occurred just before 4am on Sunday morning when police were called to the scene at Southill in Bradworthy.
The black Fork Ka hit a tree and ended up on its side in a garden against a house.
A police spokesman said the driver and a passenger had abandoned the vehicle, but the passenger was later to taken to North Devon District Hospital with neck injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Police and fire crews from Holsworthy carried out a thermal imaging search of the area to try and locate the driver in a hedge.
A 17-year-old local man was later found and reported for traffic offences.
- 1 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 North Devon seconds look to bounce back from heavy defeat
- 8 Bideford paramedic compensated after winning victimisation claim
- 9 Shocked Barnstaple burglary victim watched raid on phone
- 10 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
The fire crew made the vehicle safe and absorbed a fuel leak using Environment Agency pads.