Cannabis surprise for Ilfracombe police
A day of action in the town yields a good result.
TWO men have been arrested and a significant amount of cash and cannabis seized after a police ‘day of action’ in Ilfracombe.
Uniformed and plain clothes officers were drafted in on Monday of last week as part of a crackdown on shoplifting and drug-related activities.
Police said as a result of dealing with a man for possession of cannabis, officers searched a private property just off the High Street and seized a quantity of cash and cannabis.
Two men aged 20 and 42 were arrested on suspicion of possession of cannabis with intent to supply. They are currently on police bail.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a really positive result and shows our commitment to make sure those dealing with drugs do not feel safe in Ilfracombe,” said PC Joey Stephenson.
Police said more operations were likely to take place in the near future.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Bideford's Millbrook Dairy awarded its first star at Great Taste Awards
- 9 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 10 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's