Cannabis surprise for Ilfracombe police
A day of action in the town yields a good result.
TWO men have been arrested and a significant amount of cash and cannabis seized after a police ‘day of action’ in Ilfracombe.
Uniformed and plain clothes officers were drafted in on Monday of last week as part of a crackdown on shoplifting and drug-related activities.
Police said as a result of dealing with a man for possession of cannabis, officers searched a private property just off the High Street and seized a quantity of cash and cannabis.
Two men aged 20 and 42 were arrested on suspicion of possession of cannabis with intent to supply. They are currently on police bail.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a really positive result and shows our commitment to make sure those dealing with drugs do not feel safe in Ilfracombe,” said PC Joey Stephenson.
Police said more operations were likely to take place in the near future.
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 Heavy traffic in Barnstaple after crash involving car and pedestrian
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 5 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 6 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 7 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 8 Farmer who caused lamb ‘unnecessary suffering’ given two year ban
- 9 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton
- 10 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up