SIR - I am part of a team of volunteer speakers working for Canine Partners, a progressive charity that provides highly trained assistance dogs to people with disabilities. By helping with everyday tasks such as opening doors and picking up dropped items
SIR - I am part of a team of volunteer speakers working for Canine Partners, a progressive charity that provides highly trained assistance dogs to people with disabilities.
By helping with everyday tasks such as opening doors and picking up dropped items, these dogs assist people with disabilities to enjoy a greater independence and a better quality of life and, where possible, to help them into education and employment.
As a charity we are heavily reliant upon the generosity of individuals and organisations who either contribute towards our work through donations, or by helping us with our various fundraising events.
Our team of volunteer speakers is extremely willing to visit local clubs, associations and communities who are interested in supporting Canine Partners and hearing more about the work we do. As a rapidly expanding charity, increasing awareness of the service we can offer is a key aspect of the work of the volunteer speakers. As part of this, we are keen to raise our profile and are always looking for new venues in which we can promote the work of the charity. I myself live locally and have a Canine Partner called Edward, who has recently been featured on Spotlight TV, so would happily speak about what a difference having a Canine Partner has made to my life.
You may also want to watch:
If you would be interested in having a Canine Partners volunteer speaker to visit your organisation, please contact Jane Bryant at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01730 716013.
Wendy Hilling and Edward
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 5 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 6 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 7 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 8 Meet former Children's Laureate Michael Morpurgo in Barnstaple
- 9 Barnstaple Waterstones to host first event since March 2020
- 10 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station