Candidates prepare to fight town and village by elections
South Molton and Fremington prepare to go to the polls again following councillor resignations
DISTRICT and parish council by elections will be held in Fremington on Thursday, August 11 following the resignation of Councillor Joanne Bell.
Four candidates have been nominated for the North Devon Council Fremington Ward seat – John Gill for the Conservatives, Neil Basil Green Party, Chris Turner and Tony Wood, both independents.
Mr Gill was district councillor for the ward during the previous term of office but lost his seat at the May elections. Both Mr Wood and Mr Turner have served on the parish council.
Mr Turner is also seeking election to the vacant Fremington and Yelland parish ward, as is Dave Phipps, who is standing for “People Not Publicity.”
You may also want to watch:
South Molton Town Council is also holding a by election on Thursday, August 11, following the resignation of Councillor Sue Sewell.
- 1 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 2 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 3 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 4 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 5 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 6 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 7 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 8 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 9 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 10 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
The seat will be contested by Una Harley, standing as an independent and Claire Parkinson.