Candidates prepare to fight town and village by elections
South Molton and Fremington prepare to go to the polls again following councillor resignations
DISTRICT and parish council by elections will be held in Fremington on Thursday, August 11 following the resignation of Councillor Joanne Bell.
Four candidates have been nominated for the North Devon Council Fremington Ward seat – John Gill for the Conservatives, Neil Basil Green Party, Chris Turner and Tony Wood, both independents.
Mr Gill was district councillor for the ward during the previous term of office but lost his seat at the May elections. Both Mr Wood and Mr Turner have served on the parish council.
Mr Turner is also seeking election to the vacant Fremington and Yelland parish ward, as is Dave Phipps, who is standing for “People Not Publicity.”
You may also want to watch:
South Molton Town Council is also holding a by election on Thursday, August 11, following the resignation of Councillor Sue Sewell.
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 5 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 9 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 10 Charity staff praised for support helping customers get online
The seat will be contested by Una Harley, standing as an independent and Claire Parkinson.