Candidate has courage to say what he thinks
SIR – Having spent a pleasant evening at the Barnstaple Hotel last night meeting the successful UKIP Euro MP Trevor Coleman and listening to his intriguing experiences of life in Brussels – merely enforced my opinion that I had voted for the right candid
SIR - Having spent a pleasant evening at the Barnstaple Hotel last night meeting the successful UKIP Euro MP Trevor Coleman and listening to his intriguing experiences of life in Brussels - merely enforced my opinion that I had voted for the right candidate.
I also had the privilege of meeting another UKIP candidate who stood in the Devon County Council elections in Torrington: Gabriel Hummerstone.
Politics is a murky, dirty game and rarely do you meet an individual that you instantly "take to"! I liked him; he's clearly very intelligent and has the courage to say exactly what he thinks.
Unlike most politicians, he certainly doesn't "manipulate and massage" his answers merely to get your vote. His integrity was obvious.
You may also want to watch:
This was clearly why he did so incredibly well in the elections with 22 per cent of the vote and this, despite him being part of a "minority party"!
Other minority parties were wiped off the scale in North Devon - which clearly showed how despised their policies are in supporting wind turbines and the power companies to wipe out Devon's landscapes and wildlife!
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 3 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 4 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 5 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 6 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 7 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 8 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 9 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 10 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
Gabriel is what some might describe as a "character" - which I would maintain epitomises what is the best of the traits and qualities of being "British".
Clearly, some will disapprove, whilst others will see Gabriel as a welcome relief after all the greed and corruption of our MPs.
Despite, The Gazette revealing (with my reluctant permission) my advancing years... if I'm still around at the next election - I would happily offer to assist Gabriel in any ambitions he has for DCC or indeed, Westminster!
Joanne Bell, Yelland