Can you help identify these North Devon divers?
DIVERS in North Devon who are trying to trace the history of their club are seeking help from the public and former members who are spread all over the county. The Ilfracombe and North Devon Sub Aqua Club will be celebrating 50 years of diving next year.
DIVERS in North Devon who are trying to trace the history of their club are seeking help from the public and former members who are spread all over the county.
The Ilfracombe and North Devon Sub Aqua Club will be celebrating 50 years of diving next year.
Members' appeals for information are bearing fruit as former members call in with stories artefacts and photographs.
Chris Mandry is compiling the information but is stuck at the moment, unable to identify some early divers seen in training at the Narracott Hotel, Woolacombe. Can you help?
You may also want to watch:
So far in the first picture they have identified Dr Colin Waters a former GP in Braunton (striped shorts) who was instrumental in the training process. Third from the right with the mask on his forehead is former Ilfacombe baker Keith Venner now believed to be abroad.
Any information will be gratefully received by Mel Greville whose e- mail address is email@example.com
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 9 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 10 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president