Can you help identify these North Devon divers?
DIVERS in North Devon who are trying to trace the history of their club are seeking help from the public and former members who are spread all over the county. The Ilfracombe and North Devon Sub Aqua Club will be celebrating 50 years of diving next year.
DIVERS in North Devon who are trying to trace the history of their club are seeking help from the public and former members who are spread all over the county.
The Ilfracombe and North Devon Sub Aqua Club will be celebrating 50 years of diving next year.
Members' appeals for information are bearing fruit as former members call in with stories artefacts and photographs.
Chris Mandry is compiling the information but is stuck at the moment, unable to identify some early divers seen in training at the Narracott Hotel, Woolacombe. Can you help?
You may also want to watch:
So far in the first picture they have identified Dr Colin Waters a former GP in Braunton (striped shorts) who was instrumental in the training process. Third from the right with the mask on his forehead is former Ilfacombe baker Keith Venner now believed to be abroad.
Any information will be gratefully received by Mel Greville whose e- mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 3 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 4 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 5 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 6 Masked burglars make Bideford garage cigarette smash and grab
- 7 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 8 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 9 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 10 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink