Can you help identify these North Devon divers?
DIVERS in North Devon who are trying to trace the history of their club are seeking help from the public and former members who are spread all over the county. The Ilfracombe and North Devon Sub Aqua Club will be celebrating 50 years of diving next year.
DIVERS in North Devon who are trying to trace the history of their club are seeking help from the public and former members who are spread all over the county.
The Ilfracombe and North Devon Sub Aqua Club will be celebrating 50 years of diving next year.
Members' appeals for information are bearing fruit as former members call in with stories artefacts and photographs.
Chris Mandry is compiling the information but is stuck at the moment, unable to identify some early divers seen in training at the Narracott Hotel, Woolacombe. Can you help?
You may also want to watch:
So far in the first picture they have identified Dr Colin Waters a former GP in Braunton (striped shorts) who was instrumental in the training process. Third from the right with the mask on his forehead is former Ilfacombe baker Keith Venner now believed to be abroad.
Any information will be gratefully received by Mel Greville whose e- mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 2 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 3 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 4 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 9 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 10 Affinity Devon seeks next Charity of the Year