Can you help identify these North Devon divers?
DIVERS in North Devon who are trying to trace the history of their club are seeking help from the public and former members who are spread all over the county. The Ilfracombe and North Devon Sub Aqua Club will be celebrating 50 years of diving next year.
DIVERS in North Devon who are trying to trace the history of their club are seeking help from the public and former members who are spread all over the county.
The Ilfracombe and North Devon Sub Aqua Club will be celebrating 50 years of diving next year.
Members' appeals for information are bearing fruit as former members call in with stories artefacts and photographs.
Chris Mandry is compiling the information but is stuck at the moment, unable to identify some early divers seen in training at the Narracott Hotel, Woolacombe. Can you help?
You may also want to watch:
So far in the first picture they have identified Dr Colin Waters a former GP in Braunton (striped shorts) who was instrumental in the training process. Third from the right with the mask on his forehead is former Ilfacombe baker Keith Venner now believed to be abroad.
Any information will be gratefully received by Mel Greville whose e- mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 3 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 4 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 5 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 6 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 7 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 8 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 9 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 10 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death