Camper van catches fire at Chivenor

A camper van was completely destroyed when it caught fire on the driveway of a home in Torridge Road, Chivenor, last night (Friday). A fire crew from Barnstaple attended the blaze and at first it was feared that gas cylinders might be involved. It was q

A camper van was completely destroyed when it caught fire on the driveway of a home in Torridge Road, Chivenor, last night (Friday).

A fire crew from Barnstaple attended the blaze and at first it was feared that gas cylinders might be involved.

It was quickly confirmed, however, that the small cylinders on the van had not been affected.

Fire fighters used two sets of breathing apparatus, two hose reels and a thermal imaging camera to deal with the blaze.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus