Campaigners meet to oppose Westward Ho! Tesco plans
- Credit: Archant
Residents and shop keepers have arranged to meet with local MP Geoffrey Cox next month.
CAMPAIGNERS against a proposed Tesco Express store in Westward Ho! will be meeting with local MP Geoffrey Cox next month.
Last month the Gazette reported the superstore will be submitting a planning application for part of the Sunshine Leisure amusement arcade in Golf Links Road.
But residents have started a ‘Say No to Tesco’ campaign amid fears the store could mean bad news for local traders.
A petition has been circulating around local shops for weeks and posters have been displayed in many windows throughout the village.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone wishing to hear more about the campaign to stop Tesco opening in the village can attend the meeting at 7.30pm on Wednesday, August 14 at the Village Inn.
- 1 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 4 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 5 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 6 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 7 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 10 Brian Greenslade's name scraped off plaque after sex assault trial