Calvert Trust project wins £50,000 backing
- Credit: Archant
Exmoor trust voted winner of ‘The People’s Millions’
Calvert Trust Exmoor’s ‘Uniting Families with Disabilities’ project has been awarded £50,000 of Lottery funding after a public phone vote for ‘The People’s Millions’.
Calvert Trust beat competition from Routeways Centre Ltd in Plymouth to secure its share of the Lottery funding, which it will use to provide bursary funds to South West families with a disabled child to take a break with and to upgrade their jetty facilities, making watersports activities even more accessible.
“We were overwhelmed with the level of support we received from people and organisations across the South West,” said Calvert Trust Exmoor’s Head of Communications Robert Lott. “We actually lost track of how many people shared, commented, tweeted and most of all voted for us.
“As a charity we are reliant on our local community; so much of what we do at Calvert Trust Exmoor couldn’t happen without the support of people and organisations in the community who share our vision, and play a vital role in helping us.
You may also want to watch:
“Winning ‘The People’s Millions’ is a great boost for families with a disabled child across the South West; it will allow us to help more of the 60,000 children with a disability in our region.
“We wish Routeways every success with their ‘Beckly Sensations’ project, it looks like a great project to support disabled children in Plymouth. Hopefully they will win Thursday’s regional bonus award.”
- 1 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 2 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 3 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 4 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 5 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 6 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Rotarians have great time helping Lampard School pupils
- 10 Man dies in crash involving bicycle and car in Bideford
Calvert Trust Exmoor has a long-standing reputation as the South West’s premier holiday destination for people with disabilities, and is the only 5-star accredited activity accommodation in the country, welcoming more than 3,500 residential guests and 5,000 day visitors a year.