Calvert Trust project wins £50,000 backing
- Credit: Archant
Exmoor trust voted winner of ‘The People’s Millions’
Calvert Trust Exmoor’s ‘Uniting Families with Disabilities’ project has been awarded £50,000 of Lottery funding after a public phone vote for ‘The People’s Millions’.
Calvert Trust beat competition from Routeways Centre Ltd in Plymouth to secure its share of the Lottery funding, which it will use to provide bursary funds to South West families with a disabled child to take a break with and to upgrade their jetty facilities, making watersports activities even more accessible.
“We were overwhelmed with the level of support we received from people and organisations across the South West,” said Calvert Trust Exmoor’s Head of Communications Robert Lott. “We actually lost track of how many people shared, commented, tweeted and most of all voted for us.
“As a charity we are reliant on our local community; so much of what we do at Calvert Trust Exmoor couldn’t happen without the support of people and organisations in the community who share our vision, and play a vital role in helping us.
You may also want to watch:
“Winning ‘The People’s Millions’ is a great boost for families with a disabled child across the South West; it will allow us to help more of the 60,000 children with a disability in our region.
“We wish Routeways every success with their ‘Beckly Sensations’ project, it looks like a great project to support disabled children in Plymouth. Hopefully they will win Thursday’s regional bonus award.”
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 10 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
Calvert Trust Exmoor has a long-standing reputation as the South West’s premier holiday destination for people with disabilities, and is the only 5-star accredited activity accommodation in the country, welcoming more than 3,500 residential guests and 5,000 day visitors a year.