Calvert Trust Exmoor bids on People’s Millions
- Credit: Archant
North Devon charity calls for local support to help it win £50,000 in a telephone vote on November 25.
THE Calvert Trust Exmoor is a finalist in the 2013 People’s Millions and needs North Devon’s help to win a £50,000 grant.
The annual partnership between ITV and the Big Lottery asks the public to choose from a shortlist of local good causes.
On Monday, November 25, Calvert Trust Exmoor near Kentisbury will compete against the Beckly Sensations project at Plymouth, with £50,000 at stake.
Throughout the day people will be asked to cast their telephone vote and a short film about Calvert Trust Exmoor titled Uniting Families with Disabilities will be aired during the ITV evening news.
You may also want to watch:
The phone number will not be revealed until the day, with voting opening at 9am, closing at midnight and the winner takes all.
The North Devon charity aims to use the money if it wins to provide bursary funds to help South West families with a disabled child to take a break, and secondly to improve its water sports facilities to be even more accessible.
- 1 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 4 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 5 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 6 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 7 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 8 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 9 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 10 Brian Greenslade's name scraped off plaque after sex assault trial
“We have a long waiting list of families who want our help and it’s heart breaking that we can’t help those most in need,” said Josh Allan, lead fund raiser.
“The People’s Millions will allow us to help even more of these families, but we need your vote on the 25th to make this happen.”
The number to call to register your vote will not be released until the morning of November 25. to get the number as soon as possible on the day, ‘like’ the Calvert Trust Exmoor Facebook page at www.facebook.com/CTExmoor, follow on twitter @calvertExmoor, or email firstname.lastname@example.org