Calling all Veterans
SIR - If you are an ex-serviceman or woman, aged 30-65 with campaign service, like-minded and experienced ex-squaddies would like you to contact them. A campaign veterans forum is going to be started in Torrington and North Devon, holding regular meeting
SIR - If you are an ex-serviceman or woman, aged 30-65 with campaign service, like-minded and experienced ex-squaddies would like you to contact them.
A campaign veterans' forum is going to be started in Torrington and North Devon, holding regular meetings for members to compare stories and swap advice.
If you are a vet from Aden, Bosnia, Cyprus, Kenya, Kosovo, The Gulf, Sierra Leone, Afghanistan, Ulster, The Falklands or any other conflict in the last 40-odd years, please get in touch.
We've all got something in common - that is civvies have no concept of and haven't experienced what we have gone through.
You may also want to watch:
So where are you Scaly Backs, Remfs, Paras, Monkeys, Bootnecks, Grunts, Tankies, Gunners, Sappers, Chunkies, Desmonds, Woodentops and Donkey Wallopers? Come along, pull up a sandbag, have pride in your achievements and chinwag about it.
So that we can hold that first meeting, please contact 07969 390124 or 07779719149.
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 3 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 7 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 8 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 9 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 10 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
Name and address supplied.