Calling all North Devon artists
THE work of North Devon artists is being sought for a prestigious local art competition. The Museum of Barnstaple and North Devon is holding a competition to find artwork for their eighth North Devon Open Art Show, taking place from next January. Selected
THE work of North Devon artists is being sought for a prestigious local art competition.
The Museum of Barnstaple and North Devon is holding a competition to find artwork for their eighth North Devon Open Art Show, taking place from next January. Selected pieces will form part of the exhibition both at the museum and the Gallery Cafe at the Queen's Theatre, Barnstaple.
Artists can use any form of media including paint, drawing, sculpture, textiles, digital art, sound, internet, installations, ceramics and crafts. Submissions for the competition must be from artists that either live in northern Devon or that have been inspired by the area. The deadline for entries is the December 12 and all work must be recent and not previously exhibited.
Alison Mills, the museum's development manager said: "The North Devon Open Art Show is tremendously popular. It is a fantastic opportunity for artists to showcase their talent and I urge everyone to take part."
You may also want to watch:
For more details or an entry form, contact the museum on (01271) 346747 or email email@example.com
Selected entries for the art show will be on display from January 16 until March 6.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
- 9 GPs in Devon seeing more patients face-to-face than UK average
- 10 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president