Call for artists not to miss out on Devon Open Studios
ARTISTS, crafters and makers have a couple of days left to sign up for Devon Open Studios this September. It is the largest event of its kind in the county and is organised by the Devon Artist Network. Last year 230 artists threw open their doors to the p
ARTISTS, crafters and makers have a couple of days left to sign up for Devon Open Studios this September.
It is the largest event of its kind in the county and is organised by the Devon Artist Network. Last year 230 artists threw open their doors to the public, welcoming more than 30,000 visitors for a veritable feast of art.
The event this year runs from September 4-19 and is supported by Devon County Council. All money from any work sold during the event goes to the artists.
"The range and quality of work on show is fantastic," said event co-ordinator Linda Hajdukiewicz.
You may also want to watch:
"We have everything from traditional painting, sculpture and photography to installation artists working with new digital technology.
"Devon Open Studios is also a fantastic opportunity to get out and explore our beautiful county - there are wonderful things hidden away down country lanes, which complement the amazing artwork on show by Devon's talented artists and makers."
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 3 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 4 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 5 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 6 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 7 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 8 Date set for Barnstaple Pannier Market reopening
- 9 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved
- 10 Prom schoolgirl killed as she crossed road near Trimstone
Artists wishing to take part can download registration forms and guidance notes from: www.devonartistnetwork.co.uk/DOSRegistration
or contact Linda for further information at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07768 164560 leaving details of where the forms should be sent. The deadline for applications is this Sunday, February 28.