Call for artists not to miss out on Devon Open Studios
ARTISTS, crafters and makers have a couple of days left to sign up for Devon Open Studios this September. It is the largest event of its kind in the county and is organised by the Devon Artist Network. Last year 230 artists threw open their doors to the p
ARTISTS, crafters and makers have a couple of days left to sign up for Devon Open Studios this September.
It is the largest event of its kind in the county and is organised by the Devon Artist Network. Last year 230 artists threw open their doors to the public, welcoming more than 30,000 visitors for a veritable feast of art.
The event this year runs from September 4-19 and is supported by Devon County Council. All money from any work sold during the event goes to the artists.
"The range and quality of work on show is fantastic," said event co-ordinator Linda Hajdukiewicz.
You may also want to watch:
"We have everything from traditional painting, sculpture and photography to installation artists working with new digital technology.
"Devon Open Studios is also a fantastic opportunity to get out and explore our beautiful county - there are wonderful things hidden away down country lanes, which complement the amazing artwork on show by Devon's talented artists and makers."
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 3 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 4 I'm Still Standing: Ambulance worker's battle against the darkness
- 5 Barnstaple's The ilab launches iPad appeal to help lockdown home schoolers
- 6 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 7 Roger McGough unveiled as Plough Poetry Prize judge
- 8 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 9 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 10 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
Artists wishing to take part can download registration forms and guidance notes from: www.devonartistnetwork.co.uk/DOSRegistration
or contact Linda for further information at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07768 164560 leaving details of where the forms should be sent. The deadline for applications is this Sunday, February 28.