Cake sale sells out for Comic Relief
- Credit: Archant
Brother and sister team sold 300 cakes and cookies to raise money for Comic Relief.
A COMIC Relief cake sale was a sell-out this weekend with 300 cakes, biscuits and cookies sold in half an hour.
Brother and sister team Meg, 12, and Dan Walsh, nine, set up their cake sale outside Walter’s Emporium in Appledore on Saturday.
But the youngsters were overwhelmed with people’s generosity and managed to raise more than £100 from the sale, selling out in less than an hour.
Meg, a student at Bideford College, said: “Mum helped us with the idea after we saw a programme about Africa and wanted to do something to help.”
You may also want to watch:
Meg and Dan said they wanted to thank their grandfather Walter Fowler for letting them use the space outside his Emporium, and Morrisons for providing boxes for the cakes.
“Everyone has been really generous and I can’t believe we sold out so quickly,” Meg added.
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 9 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 10 Lockdown breaker caught dealing cannabis in Barnstaple
Meg and Dan, a pupil of West Croft Junior School, raised a total of £112.31 for Comic Relief.
Are you doing anything for Comic Relief? Send your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload them to iwitness24 East and North Devon using the link on the right of the page.