Cake sale sells out for Comic Relief
- Credit: Archant
Brother and sister team sold 300 cakes and cookies to raise money for Comic Relief.
A COMIC Relief cake sale was a sell-out this weekend with 300 cakes, biscuits and cookies sold in half an hour.
Brother and sister team Meg, 12, and Dan Walsh, nine, set up their cake sale outside Walter’s Emporium in Appledore on Saturday.
But the youngsters were overwhelmed with people’s generosity and managed to raise more than £100 from the sale, selling out in less than an hour.
Meg, a student at Bideford College, said: “Mum helped us with the idea after we saw a programme about Africa and wanted to do something to help.”
You may also want to watch:
Meg and Dan said they wanted to thank their grandfather Walter Fowler for letting them use the space outside his Emporium, and Morrisons for providing boxes for the cakes.
“Everyone has been really generous and I can’t believe we sold out so quickly,” Meg added.
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 3 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 4 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 9 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 10 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
Meg and Dan, a pupil of West Croft Junior School, raised a total of £112.31 for Comic Relief.
Are you doing anything for Comic Relief? Send your photos to email@example.com or upload them to iwitness24 East and North Devon using the link on the right of the page.