Cake raises money for Cancer Research UK
- Credit: Archant
Katrina Bond, from Torrington, came up with the busty creation for charity.
A TORRINGTON mum has raised more than £170 for Cancer Research in two days by creating a cake in the shape of a giant pair of boobs.
Katrina Bond, 27, conjured up the cake in a matter of hours, inspired by the plethora of ‘no makeup selfies’ she had seen on Facebook.
“It got me thinking, what could I do to raise even more money and awareness for Cancer Research?” said the mother-of-two.
Katrina, who currently looks after her children, four-year-old Freya and one-year-old Harper, is in the process of trying to set up a cake making business.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I’ve been trying to build up my portfolio and thought this would be a great way to put my skills to use for charity.
“My husband Chris and I set a JustGiving page up at about 11pm on Thursday night and were amazed to raise £72 in less than 24 hours.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 5 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 6 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 7 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 8 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 9 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 10 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
“We decided to run the donations page until Sunday, pull all of the names into a hat and draw one out to win the cake.”
In total the page raised £178 and the lucky winner of the cake was James Brown.