Cairn conservators benefit from open day
In just four hours at The Round House Open Day at Ilfracombe, �715 was raised on behalf of Cairn Conservation Carers. Visitors enjoyed exploring the beautifully appointed house and award winning gardens with teas and coffees and a wide range of homemade
In just four hours at The Round House Open Day at Ilfracombe, �715 was raised on behalf of Cairn Conservation Carers.
Visitors enjoyed exploring the beautifully appointed house and award winning gardens with teas and coffees and a wide range of homemade cakes to round off their visit.
Nigel and Alan Teague who own the house and members of the Cairn Conservation Carers who helped out during the day were completely overwhelmed by the generosity of the public and delighted with the appreciation shown for the house and for the work of the group.
Cairn Conservation Carers are now in their ninth year and at the last count have put in 7,282 volunteer hours improving the biodiversity of the area, maintaining paths and installing steps to make it a better place for wildlife and people alike.
You may also want to watch:
Some of the money raised will be spent on additional bat detectors for use during the bat walks the group run in the summer. These popular events are open to all and free of charge and are very enjoyable and educational. Bird boxes, bat boxes and a new strimmer are also on the shopping list.
The group are always on the look out for new volunteers to put in a few hours on alternate Sundays. The reward is a great sense of achievement, good camaraderie and to keep fit. Anyone interested should ring Tony Kiley on 01271 867532.
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 9 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes