Cadets march to new banners
- Credit: Archant
Exeter march marks presentation to C Company.
LOCAL army cadets have marched through the centre of Exeter to mark the presentation of new banners to the Devon Army Cadet Force.
C Company cadets from Barnstaple, Bideford, South Molton, Ilfracombe, Torrington and Holsworthy joined a 550-strong parade watched by hundreds of spectators.
They were led to the Cathedral Green by their Corps of Drums and commandant Colonel Ashley Fulford.
The new banners are similar and have the same significance as ‘colours’ do to a regular army regiment.
You may also want to watch:
They were presented by the Lord Lieutenant Devon Sir Eric Dancer, who saluted the new banners while the old banners were marched off to the sound of Auld-Lang-Syne.
North Devon was represented by Barnstaple Mayor Cllr Lesley Brown and deputy Cllr Valerie Elkins.
- 1 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 2 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 3 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 4 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 5 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 6 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 7 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 8 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 9 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 10 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale