Cadets march to new banners
- Credit: Archant
Exeter march marks presentation to C Company.
LOCAL army cadets have marched through the centre of Exeter to mark the presentation of new banners to the Devon Army Cadet Force.
C Company cadets from Barnstaple, Bideford, South Molton, Ilfracombe, Torrington and Holsworthy joined a 550-strong parade watched by hundreds of spectators.
They were led to the Cathedral Green by their Corps of Drums and commandant Colonel Ashley Fulford.
The new banners are similar and have the same significance as ‘colours’ do to a regular army regiment.
You may also want to watch:
They were presented by the Lord Lieutenant Devon Sir Eric Dancer, who saluted the new banners while the old banners were marched off to the sound of Auld-Lang-Syne.
North Devon was represented by Barnstaple Mayor Cllr Lesley Brown and deputy Cllr Valerie Elkins.
- 1 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 2 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 3 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 4 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 9 Affinity Devon seeks next Charity of the Year
- 10 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up