Busy weekend for chimney fire call outs
- Credit: Archant
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service attended 12 incidents forcewide this weekend.
FIRE CREWS were called out to 12 chimney fires across Devon and Somerset on Saturday and Sunday, with two in North Devon.
On Saturday, crews from Barnstaple attended a property in Northleigh Hill near Goodleigh at around 7.35pm.
They used small tools and chimney gear to extinguish the fire.
On Sunday, at around 7.05pm, a fire engine from Chulmleigh was called to reports of a chimney fire at a house in High Bickington.
You may also want to watch:
Crews confirmed the fire, involving a wood burning stove, was well alight and used a hose reel jet to extinguish it.
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 3 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 4 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 5 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 6 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 7 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 8 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
- 9 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 10 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton