Busy week for Ilfracombe inshore lifeboat
Volunteer RNLI crew called out three times in two days.
IT has been a busy start to the week for Ilfracombe’s inshore lifeboat.
There was a short trip for the crew during Sunday lunchtime after a yachtsman became unwell on a vessel in the outer harbour. The man needed medical attention, but with the tide out the yacht was unable to come close enough to shore.
The lifeboat was needed to transfer him ashore and to a waiting ambulance.
Yesterday (Monday) afternoon the RNLI was called to an exhausted kayaker in difficulty in strong wind and tide off Ilfracombe. The inshore crew discovered the man and his vessel on Hele beach, uninjured but tired. He was taken back to Ilfracombe where his family were waiting for him.
You may also want to watch:
Sadly, the lifeboat was in action a short time later, to assist police with the recovery of a man’s body from the foot of cliffs at Hillsborough.
- 1 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 2 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 9 Affinity Devon seeks next Charity of the Year
- 10 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned