Busy week for Ilfracombe inshore lifeboat
Volunteer RNLI crew called out three times in two days.
IT has been a busy start to the week for Ilfracombe’s inshore lifeboat.
There was a short trip for the crew during Sunday lunchtime after a yachtsman became unwell on a vessel in the outer harbour. The man needed medical attention, but with the tide out the yacht was unable to come close enough to shore.
The lifeboat was needed to transfer him ashore and to a waiting ambulance.
Yesterday (Monday) afternoon the RNLI was called to an exhausted kayaker in difficulty in strong wind and tide off Ilfracombe. The inshore crew discovered the man and his vessel on Hele beach, uninjured but tired. He was taken back to Ilfracombe where his family were waiting for him.
You may also want to watch:
Sadly, the lifeboat was in action a short time later, to assist police with the recovery of a man’s body from the foot of cliffs at Hillsborough.
- 1 A361 Link Road closed after three vehicle crash
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 5 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 6 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 7 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 8 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 9 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 10 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup