Busy sporting summer for youngsters
Supersports booking line is going live
BOOKING begins on Monday, July 4 for North Devon Council’s annual Supersport+ programme, featuring six weeks of exciting activities for young people.
Supersport+ offers a diverse mix of sports, arts, culture and parks activities, designed to keep North Devon youngsters entertained during the summer break.
Executive Member for Culture Councillor Derrick Spear said: “Supersport+ is always very popular so get in quick if you are interested in any of the events. With so much choice there is something to suit every taste, budget and age group. It’s a fantastic opportunity for young people to try something new over the summer holidays.”
Activities range from forest schools, football, beach sports, cycling and golf to cheerleading, gymnastics, clay modelling and dressing up as pirates! Many of the activities are free.
You may also want to watch:
Young people who are signed up to “Don’t stop me now” can also use their cards to book Supersport+ activities.
The Supersport+ brochure also includes details of Parkwood Leisure’s Camp Adventure Programme and activities organised by North Devon Theatres.
- 1 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 2 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 3 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 4 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 5 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 6 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 7 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 8 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 9 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 10 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
Brochures have been sent out to all North Devon schools and can also be obtained at any of the council’s offices and libraries. A copy can also be downloaded from www.northdevon.gov.uk/sport.
Lines open on Monday, July 4 and bookings can be made Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm, on (01271) 388871. Youngsters can also book in person at council offices at the Civic Centre, Barnstaple, the Ilfracombe Centre and Amory House, South Molton.