Businesses invited to free exporting support event by MP
- Credit: PEP
Selaine Saxby MP is leading a drive to bring free government support to more local firms in North Devon to help them take advantage of export opportunities and to tap into demand for British products from overseas by organising a series of events through 2021.
In working with the Department for International Trade (DIT), as part of the Parliamentary Export Programme, this programme is available to help local businesses access the free support they need to boost their exporting potential.
Selaine Saxby, MP for North Devon, said: "Helping local businesses survive and then recover from the pandemic is one of my top priorities. That's why I'm delighted to be co-hosting events with Mel Stride, MP for Central Devon, that can help save local jobs and give businesses in North Devon access to information, advice and finance to sell internationally.
“I am determined to ensure that our area does not get left behind and whatever services are available are provided here, to help us get back on our feet after Covid.
“The events I am organising are free and all a business has to do is register through the link in this article or my website.”
You may also want to watch:
Experts and experienced exporters will be online to provide free advice including on government supported working capital and the practicalities of post-Brexit trade.
Whether a business is new to exporting, has exported in the past or is a current exporter, participating in the programme will equip them with the support and tools they need to begin or continue their exporting journey.
- 1 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 2 Search for missing Ilfracombe woman Hannah Peacock continues
- 3 Schizophrenic mugger sent to mental unit after Barnstaple robbery
- 4 Crooked party leader with ties to Bideford was a serial conman
- 5 The boy in the tent Max Woosey receives prestigious award
- 6 Drug driver banned after crashing during chase through North Devon
- 7 Old Tannery in South Molton to be turned into new homes
- 8 Egg-ceptional packaging design from autistic Petroc student Brooke
- 9 Men admit Ilfracombe park stabbing
- 10 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
Selaine Saxby is a founding member of the Parliamentary Export Programme where selected cross-party MPs organise and chair virtual meetings with experts from business and government. The first event for North Devon is being help at 2pm on Friday, March 12.
For more information and for businesses to register their interest for future events, click here: https://www.events.great.gov.uk/parliamentary-export-programme.