Pearce Construction celebrates double success at Pride in the Job awards
- Credit: Pearce
North Devon home builder Pearce Construction is celebrating a double success at the NHBC’s ‘Pride in the Job’ awards.
The Barnstaple based firm has won for two of its new home developments at Stanley Court in Parkham and the redevelopment of Barnstaple’s Taw Wharf.
The prestigious awards are given to the best site managers in the UK with Wayne Manning, Richard Young and Peter Hamley scooping the top honours.
Pearce Construction’s Managing Director Paul Knox said: “Congratulations to Wayne and his team at Stanley Court in Parkham and to Richard and Peter and their team for everything they’re doing at Taw Wharf in Barnstaple. We are exceptionally proud to have these site managers building high quality homes in outstanding locations where people want to live.”
NHBC is the UK’s leading new homes warranty and insurance provider. Its competition recognises site managers who have achieved the very highest standards in house building.
You may also want to watch:
Only 450 site managers from a field of more than 10,000 across the UK have won this Quality Award. Pride in the Job, first launched more than forty years ago, is the highest regarded competition in the house-building industry as NHBC Chief Executive Steve Wood explained: “Pride in the Job has been pivotal in improving the quality of new homes for more than 40 years. Despite the numerous challenges the industry has faced, the very best site managers of 2021 have remained focused on delivering high quality new homes for their customers.
“At NHBC we are very proud of Pride in the Job, what it stands for and the impact it has across the sector. Pride in the Job winning sites have higher levels of homeowner satisfaction as these homes are among the very best in the country.”
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 3 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 4 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 5 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 6 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 7 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 8 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 9 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 10 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
The three winning site managers at Pearce Construction were assessed across six key areas: consistency, attention to detail, leadership, interpretation of drawings and specifications, technical expertise and health and safety. Their success means that the construction sites in Barnstaple and Parkham are amongst the best sites in the UK.
By recognising the very best site managers across the UK, the competition is intended to celebrate the vital role that site managers play in ensuring new homes are delivered on time, on safe sites and to exacting construction quality standards.
The Quality Award winners will go on to compete for Seal of Excellence and Regional Awards in the autumn, with the national Supreme Award winners announced in January 2022.