Businessman makes Westward Ho! car park free
- Credit: Archant
Westward Ho! residents were delighted to learn one of the village car parks is now free thanks to generous business.
There’s good news for residents and visitors to Westward Ho! as one of the village’s car parks became free for all yesterday (Tuesday).
Business owner Rob Braddick announced on Facebook Braddicks Leisure Ltd had leased Seafield car park in Merley Road.
And the best news? He has made it free to park there - effective immediately.
Rob said: “As of 4pm today [Tuesday] my company ‘Braddicks Leisure Ltd’ has acquired a long lease on Seafield Car Park at the end of Merley Road.
You may also want to watch:
“With immediate effect I’m making it FREE, yes FREE, for the community and the public to use.
“Please do park up and stroll over to The Pier House for a coffee or a cold pint.(not free!).”
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 3 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 4 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
- 9 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 10 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
The post has received a welcome response on Facebook with more than 700 likes and 400 shares.
The car park is opposite Seafield House which is going up for sale later today (Wednesday).
For more North Devon stories visit our news feed here.